Volunteer Opportunity: Volunteer Gardener for the Royal Pavilion & Brighton Museum, or Preston Manor
Title: Volunteer Gardener for the Royal Pavilion & Brighton Museum, or Preston Manor
Volunteers: 10 -12
Hours: 2-3 hours p/week
Pavilion Gardens – Tuesdays 1pm – 3pm – Fridays 9.30am – 11.30am.
Preston Manor – Thursdays 10am – 12.30pm
Location: Royal Pavilion & Brighton Museum Garden, or Preston Manor Gardens
Time Frame: 6 months
We are currently looking for volunteers to join our Royal Pavilion gardening team.
Purpose of role
To support the work of the Head Gardener in the care and maintenance of the Pavilion Garden and to work according to his directions.
- Tidying growth and undergrowth
- Picking up litter
- Planting out
- Informal engagement with visitors to the Gardens as necessary
- Seed collecting and preparation for offers to the public
As a Volunteer Gardener you will ideally
- have a basic familiarity with and interest in gardening.
- be confident in talking to the public.
- be relatively fit, consistent with requirements of bending/stretching and working on the ground (no heavy work will be given)
- be reliable, on time, and flexible.
- enjoy communicating with different people.
What will you gain from volunteering?
Experience: You will learn about the history of the Estate and the Garden, imparting knowledge to visitors.
Benefits: As a volunteer at the Royal Pavilion & Museums you will be entitled to the same benefits as staff, including discounts in the shops/cafes, and travel expenses as a volunteer within a reasonable distance from the Royal Pavilion or Preston Manor.
We are more than happy to provide a reference on request for any future job applications.
If you would like to express an interest
If you are interested, please download the Volunteer Expression of Interest form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 071354