Freelance opportunity: audience consultant
Discovering our Dioramas: Understanding our natural world at the Booth Museum of Natural History
Job Title: Audience Consultant
Contract: Freelance, 36 days
Fee: £300 per day
Location: Remote and occasionally from the Booth Museum of Natural History
Responsible to: Schools Learning Manager
Closing date: 22 September 2022
This consultation will allow us to explore how to create a contemporary diorama in a way that will help to connect it, us and our visitors to the historical Booth dioramas. We will also investigate how to create that emotional connection that may lead to a sense of place and a sense of guardianship.
The consultant will:
- be asked to explore ideas for audience consultation such as in shopping centres and on local buses and make recommendations on their feasibility or make alternative suggestions for innovative activities
- deliver those creative consultation events. There will be support from the Project Assistant and volunteers at Brighton & Hove Museums.
- develop an evaluation framework for the whole project
- make recommendations for a 12 month public engagement programme
- make recommendations for social media engagement
- make recommendations for the content of the diorama
Closing date: Thursday 22 September 2022 (11.59pm)
Interviews will be held online w/b 3 October 2022
Start date w/b 10 October 2022
How to apply
Download and read the full specification below. Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by midnight 22 September 2022.