Our audio guide tells the story of the Royal Pavilion and its creator, King George IV. Full of fascinating facts and background information, the audio tour leads visitors through the palace room by room.
It also includes interviews with curators and conservators, and historic images of the building.
2020 Audio Guide
As part of our Covid-19 safety measures we have withdrawn the handsets that were available to hire. This has been replaced by a new FREE audio guide that you can use on your mobile phone.
The web app can be accessed at new.paviliontour.uk or by scanning the QR code below:
You can also download it as an app for Android devices from Google Play. A version for iOS devices will be coming soon.
Instructions for use can be found on the app. We recommend that you bring along your own headphones.
The audio guide is available in English only.
It features four different tours:
- Basic Tour: a simple tour of the palace with one story per room.
- Extended Tour: the Basic Tour plus additional stories about George IV’s life and zoomable historic images.
- WW1 Hospital Tour: discover how the Royal Pavilion was transformed into a First World War hospital.
- Kid’s Tour: a tour that children can enjoy while following their family through the building.
- Mindful Garden (until end of October 2020): an experimental short tour of the Royal Pavilion Garden.
A live data connection is needed to use the audio guide. As there is no Wi-FI in the Royal Pavilion you will need to use your own 4G connection.
The tour is relatively lightweight, so completing the Basic Tour should require around 30MB of data.