1 hour, onsite, KS1
Come and see all sorts of toys, old and new, from Victorian china dolls and old teddy bears to toys that children would have made and played with in the street. Make your own cup and ball to take home with you.
- Booking information
- Please let us know of any SEN/D needs of your class before your visit.
- Please ensure suitable adult supervision.
Aims of the session
1. To enjoy your time with us
2. To find out about the past from a range of sources and information
3. To describe the characteristics of old and new objects in context, using words related to the passing of time and looking specifically at materials used
4. To find out more about the history of toys, looking at the development of play through time
KS1: a study overtime tracing how several aspects of national history are reflected in the locality