Our new website is now live! It obviously looks very different, but what else has changed?
Here are a few new features of the site:
- The website is now fully optimised for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. These are now used by about 45% of the visitors to our websites.
- New accessibility features have been added, designed in consultation with our Access Advisory Group
- The site is now much more focused on our individual museums — a decision made in response to our audience research
- Our online collections are now integrated into the website. It’s now possible to search our collections through the main search box of the website.
- Our blog, which used to sit on a separate website, has now been brought into the main site
- The site is built with WordPress, an open source content management system — which makes the site much more sustainable
Even though the site is now live, there is still a lot of work to do, and we are working with the developer, Brighton based Surface Impression, to tweak and improve the site. We are keen to gather as much feedback on the site as we can, so if you have any comments or suggestions, or encounter any problems, please leave a comment below or email us.
Kevin Bacon, Digital Development Officer