1 hour, onsite, all KS
Can you tell an insect from an arachnid?
What happens in this session?
Discover different characteristics and how to tell them apart by closely studying and talking about various minibeasts including spiders, butterflies, centipedes, moths, stick insects, bees and snails.
• Please let us know of any SEN/D needs of your class before your visit.
• Please ensure suitable adult supervision.
Aims of the session
- To enjoy your time with us
2. To closely observe scientific specimens of minibeasts, including spiders, butterflies, centipedes, moths, stick insects, bees and snails
3. To learn how to group, identify and classify
4. To learn how to identify the external features of invertebrate
5. To understand how adaptations of these invertebrates help the species to survive
KS1/2/3: Working Scientifically • Animals, including Humans • Living Things and their Habitats • Evolution and Inheritance
Cross Curriculum Links: Literacy • Numeracy • Geography • Art