All of our museums are open. Although the government’s social distancing restrictions have been lifted, we still have some measures in place to protect our visitors and staff.
Do I need to book in advance?
No, advance booking is no longer essential and tickets will be available to buy on the day. Timed entry will still be in place at the Royal Pavilion and the Rock ‘n’ Roll with Me Bowie/MacCormack 1973-76 exhibition at Brighton Museum to ensure we can manage capacities safely and make your visit comfortable. These can be booked in advance or bought on the day, subject to availability.
Tickets for the Royal Pavilion, Preston Manor and Brighton Museum (including the Rock ‘n’ Roll with Me Bowie/MacCormack 1973-76 exhibition) are available for purchase online. Please note tickets cannot be purchased online on the day of your visit but may be purchased on the door (subject to availability).
If you need to change the time and date of your booking please contact the Bookings & Information Team.
Entry to Hove Museum and the Booth Museum is FREE.
I have a promotional voucher. Can I still use this?
Art Fund members can book free admission online. Visitors with National Rail 2 for 1 vouchers can also book online.
If you have another type of voucher or discount, please contact us in advance of your visit.
I have a disability. How can I get help with planning my visit?
You can also find access statements for our museums on our website.
- Accessibility at the Royal Pavilion
- Accessibility at Preston Manor
- Accessibility at Brighton Museum
- Accessibility at Hove Museum
- Accessibility at the Booth Museum
Are you taking group bookings?
We are taking group bookings. Our new groups newsletter will keep you up to date with all the latest news.
Can you accommodate school visits?
We are taking bookings for school visits. See our School Bookings page for more information.
What extra safety measures will be taken at your sites to ensure visitors and staff are protected?
The safety of our visitors and staff is our priority and we will continue with the following measures:
- We will continue to encourage safe distancing and will provide clear signage to remind staff and visitors.
- Screens will protect visitors and staff at key till points. Where appropriate, our staff will also be provided with PPE.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitiser dispensers for visitors across our sites.
- We will continue with our enhanced cleaning regime. We will continue to regularly sanitise touch points, including handrails, door handles and high traffic areas.
Will I have to queue?
You may be asked to queue for a short period at our busier sites.
What happens if I am running late and miss my slot?
Timed entry is only in place at the Royal Pavilion and the Rock ‘n’ Roll with Me Bowie/MacCormack 1973-76 exhibition at Brighton Museum. We will do our best to accommodate you in our next available time slot subject to availability. During busy periods we cannot guarantee entry if you miss your arrival time
Will staff be wearing masks?
Masks will be made available to staff who wish to wear them.
How will the toilets be managed?
Toilets will be frequently cleaned and monitored by staff. In the Royal Pavilion there will be toilets available at the beginning of your visit and then further public toilets available in the Royal Pavilion grounds as you exit the building.
In Brighton Museum toilets are available on the ground floor and a further accessible toilet at the far end of the first floor.
At Preston Manor, toilets are available on the ground floor and an accessible toilet in the basement area, close to the accessible entrance and lift.
Do I need to wear a face mask?
Although no longer a legal requirement we encourage visitors to wear face masks when visiting any of our venues for the safety and protection of others.
Will audio guides be available?
We have suspended the use of the audio guides in the Royal Pavilion and have replaced it with a free tour you can use on your mobile phone.
Is the Royal Pavilion Shop open?
The Royal Pavilion Shop is open and souvenirs can also be purchased at our other museums. Our new online shop will launch in October 2021.
Are you accepting cash payments in the shop?
Can I leave a buggy or luggage?
We have a buggy park in the Royal Pavilion but luggage and other items must not be left in this room. Large luggage and suitcases are not permitted inside the palace for conservation reasons.
Please ask for assistance with buggies at the front desk at Brighton Museum.
At Preston Manor, there is a small outside area where buggies can be parked, but this is not patrolled and owners leave items in this space at their own risk. We cannot store any luggage in the house.
What measures are in place for events that require an audience to sit together?
- Although no longer a legal requirement, we encourage visitors to wear face masks when attending a talk or event in any of our venues. Staff and contractors are also strongly encouraged to wear face coverings.
- We provide hand sanitiser for all attendees.
- Events will be as well ventilated as possible given local weather conditions and with regard to the conservation of our buildings.
- We continue to monitor best practice for any events and may review our occupancy levels on a regular basis.