Terms and conditions governing use of our services, both online and in our museums.
Access to and use of this site is provided by the Royal Pavilion and Museums (RPM), which is part of Brighton and Hove City Council and is subject to the following terms and conditions: Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect when you first use this site.
- The RP&M online booking website (https://www.maximweb.co.uk/brighton) is a service operated on behalf of RPM by TOR Systems Ltd, 58 Longton Road, Trentham, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 8YZ.
- RPM reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst RPM endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, RPM will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Whilst RPM endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and RPM does not accept any liability for error or omission. The use of information on the site and any downloadable item is at your own risk. RPM reserves the right to make alterations and corrections to the information contained in this website at any time without notice.
- RPM shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- By accessing any part of this site, you should be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Please also note that online bookings close twelve hours before the start time of the event.
Bookings in general
When you make a booking you will receive a booking confirmation by email, which you will need to print out and bring with you. Tickets are valid only for the date(s) and time(s) booked.
Bookings cannot be cancelled, transferred or amended. No refunds are available, except when the event is cancelled by RPM.
The Royal Pavilion and Museums (RPM) reserves the right to cancel any event. In the unlikely event of such cancellation, you will be offered an alternative, if available, and/or refunded the full cost of your pre-paid ticket (including any booking fees).
A fee is charged per order for all bookings made online or by telephone. The fee is currently £1.50. The booking fee is refunded only if RPM cancels the event.
Friends of the Royal Pavilion
Membership of the Friends of the Royal Pavilion entitles the member to free entry for themselves plus two accompanying children aged under16 to the Royal Pavilion, Preston Manor and exhibitions, and to a discount of 10% in the Royal Pavilion and Museums shops. Members must produce a valid membership card on arrival. For further information about joining the Friends, please call 03000 290907.
Visiting our venues
Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times. Children aged under five go free but must have a ticket.
Groups of 15 or more fee paying customers constitute a group. Specially discounted rates are available for groups if booked in advance. To book call 03000 290900 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-5pm).
No smoking is permitted inside our buildings.
Photography, video and sound recording
No photography, video or sound recording are generally permitted inside our buildings. At present, individual visitors may take photographs for personal use in Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, Hove Museum and Art Gallery and the Booth Museum of Natural History.
No dogs, except assistance dogs, are permitted inside our buildings.
We reserve the right to refuse admission. No sharp or pointed items such as knives, razor blades, cutlery, tools, nail files, scissors, pen knives, de-activated firearms (including replicas), ammunition (of any calibre, in any quantity) pepper sprays and CS gas are permitted on our premises. Any items found will be confiscated. We reserve the right to search your bag(s) before entering the building.
- No eating or drinking is permitted inside our buildings except in our cafés
- the Royal Pavilion Tearoom
- the Gallery Café at Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, and
- the Tearooms at Hove Museum and Art Gallery
The audio tour at the Royal Pavilion lasts approximately one hour although you may like to allow longer for visiting the shop and the tea room. A visit to Preston Manor also takes on average one hour.
Web Links disclaimer
Throughout our site you will find links to external websites. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, The Royal Pavilion and Museums and Brighton & Hove City Council cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Please note that external links from this website may include material of a sensitive nature. We take no responsibility for information contained on external links from this website.
Telephone 03000 290900 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-5pm)
Post to Royal Pavilion and Museums, 4/5 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton BN1 1EE