A step-by-step guide to booking your ceremony and/or reception at the Royal Pavilion
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to book and enjoy your special day at the Royal Pavilion.
Follow our step-by-step guide below or call us on 03000 290905 for help with any specific query.
- Decide on a possible date and time of year for your ceremony.
- Call us on 03000 290905 to see if the dates are available.
- Book a site visit to come and view the rooms and make a provisional booking if required.
- Call the Brighton Register Office on 01273 292016 to check if they have the date and times available. If yes, book the date with them also.
- When you have decided to go ahead with the booking write to the Royal Pavilion (Functions Team, The Royal Pavilion, 4-5 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton BN1 1EE) confirming both of your names and the date of your ceremony.
- Contact your local Register Office (nearest to where you both live) to book an appointment to give notice. This costs approximately £30 each and
you must both attend the appointment. NB This must be done no less than 28 days prior to the ceremony date.
- On receipt of your hiring agreement from the Royal Pavilion, sign and return it.
- Send a deposit of one third of the total booking fee to the Royal Pavilion (all cheques should be made payable to ‘Brighton & Hove City Council’).
- Approximately four weeks prior to your ceremony pay the final balance to the Royal Pavilion.
- Approximately one week prior, contact the Royal Pavilion and Brighton Register Office to go through final details before your ceremony.
Download a copy of the 10 steps to booking your ceremony at the Royal Pavilion [PDF]
Download a copy of our Royal Pavilion Weddings and Receptions Brochure [PDF]
Download a copy of our prices
For further information about holding your ceremony at the Royal Pavilion and for advice on suppliers contact the Weddings Team.
Tel: 03000 290905