(with optional drink reception 5 – 6.30pm)
A day-long, national conference on workforce development in the cultural sector will be hosted by Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove on Wednesday 30 November 2016.
Royal Pavilion & Museums (RPM) has been developing a pioneering Workforce Development Programme since 2012, to build a skilled, engaged and entrepreneurial workforce by enabling frontline staff to work in departments and on projects across the organisation. Using this as a springboard for discussion, it now hosts a conference for colleagues across the sector.
The all-day event, co-organised and run by RPM’s own Workforce Development Programme participants, includes case studies, short presentations, tours, workshops and break-out sessions. The conference programme, which has now been announced, will include:
- A keynote speech by John Orna-Ornstein, Director of Museums for Arts Council England
- A presentation on cross-departmental working, by London Museum Development
- A creative workshop on career pathways into the sector, led by Pallant House
- A discussion on involving volunteers in the success of cultural organisations
- A workshop on measuring the organisational impact of training and workforce development
- A case study on RPM’s own Workforce Development Programme, by former Duty Manager Maria Foy
- An introduction to the experimental Transformers programme from Jess Turtle from the Museums Association
- A tour of the Royal Pavilion’s renowned basement and tunnel areas, devised and led by participants in RPM’s Workforce Development Programme
Other RPM Workforce Development Programme alumni will also lead workshops on their experiences. According to Conference Coordinator Lindsey Smith “The conference will review and evaluate existing workforce development programmes, consider and question the challenges faced and discuss and devise ways forward.”
Follow the conversation: #workforce2016
The conference costs £50 (£40 concessions for students and volunteers).
The event programme and delegate booking form are available via the links below.
Delegates submitting a form will be contacted to arrange payment, and then sent confirmation and a bespoke timetable.
Enquiries can also be made by contacting RPM’s Events Booking line on 03000 290902 (Mon-Fri) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the booking information document which includes an event schedule, venue information (via web links) and workshop options.
Download the Delegate form – please fill this in and return to reserve a place
You can find out about and book local accommodation here: resweb.passkey.com/go/WDC2016
or contact Visit Brighton: email@example.com 01273 292626.
Find out more about the Workforce Development Programme at Royal Pavilion & Museums with our video Workforce Development.The film was produced by three members of front line staff participating in a Workforce Development opportunity.
'.$https://youtu.be/CO3IlCZeqMs.' is not a valid url
Conference organised by Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove, and funded by Arts Council England under its Major Partner Museum programme.