Search Results (137 items found)
1900-1930 This is a wooden glove stretcher, which is spring levered and was used in Leeson and Vokins department store in Brighton. It allowed the material of the glove to be stretched, to provide a comfortable fit for the customer. The glove stretcher was made bet
1900-1930 This is a wooden glove stretcher, which is spring levered and was used in Leeson and Vokins department store in Brighton. Inscribed on the right arm of the stretcher is an image of a spoked wheel with wings and inscribed beneath it is 'K Dept'. The stretc
1900-1930 This is a wooden glove mannequin with adjustable thumb, in the shape of a woman's hand and lower arm. It was made between 1900 and 1930 and was used to display ladies long gloves in the Ladies Outfitting Department at Leeson and Vokins store. The Leeson a
This case of nine mounted Tawny Pipits depicts male and female adult birds and their young, in a setting which is a recreation of their natural habitat. A pair of these, a male and female, are from the Vauncey Harpur Crewe collection. Another adult male c
1934 This is a paper programme advertising 'S.S. Brighton' a swimming stadium on West Street, Brighton. The programme was printed in 1934 and at the top of the programme there are details of 'Important Forthcoming Town Events' in July, August and September of
1921 This is a paper swimming certificate from Brighton Elementary Schools' Athletic Association. It was awarded to a pupil for swimming a distance of 100 yards on the 21 September 1921. The certificate is bordered by a green decorative printed border which, i
1930s This is a rent book entitled in red printed text, 'The "Dolphin" Rent Book'. The date of entry to the property was on 5 September 1938. All of these details are handwritten on the front cover. The entries in the rent book cover 1938 to 1940.
29 September 1953 This photographic print was made by the Borough Surveyor's department in September 1953. It shows Five Ways, Brighton, looking east from Preston Drove. A number 26 bus can be seen on the road heading towards Hollingbury Crescent.
29 September 1953 This photographic print was made by the Borough Surveyors Department in September 1953. It shows Five Ways at Stanford Avenue and Preston Drove. Note the bus shelter in the centre of the image with a Five Ways street sign attached to it.
Monochrome photographic print of a plaque commemorating the re-opening of the Dome in 1935, with the then mayor and others. Plaque reads 'This tablet was unveiled by the mayor of Brighton Alderman Sidney G. Gibson J. R. on the 14th September 1935 to comme