Search the Collections

Search Results (167 items found)

Interior of St. Nicholas' Church

Interior of St. Nicholas' Church with font at centre, man seated at left and woman and boy at right. Parson standing in pulpit to left.

Interior of St. Nicholas' Church

Interior of St. Nicholas' Church with font at centre, man seated at left and woman and boy at right. Parson standing in pulpit to left.

Interior of St. Nicholas' Church

Interior of St. Nicholas' Church with font at centre, man seated at left and woman and boy at right. Parson standing in pulpit to left.

Necklace

19th Century This is a necklace made of glass beads and jackal's teeth. The teeth are threaded in pairs onto a strip of animal hide. Each pair are divided by round blue beads painted with white spots. This necklace was created by an Xhosa maker in South Africa during

Sunrise Off The Dorset Coast

1930 This painting by F. Footet shows an impression of a pink skied, placid sunrise with a pink yacht sailing reflected in the foreground sea. In the background greenish hills can be seen.

Head Carving

19th Century This is a small carving of a human face made from black, polished obsidian stone. The features are represented in a simple but stylised manner and there is a groove carved across the forehead. The carving was created by a Mexican maker during the nineteen

Necklace

pre 1893 This is a necklace of human teeth and glass beads threaded onto split cane. It was created by a Sekong Dyak maker in Borneo during the nineteenth centry. The necklace was originally collected from 'the Sekong Dyaks of the head waters of the Sarawak River'

Armlets

19th Century This is an ivory armlet, roughly triangular in cross section and designed so all of its surfaces are concave. This armlet was created by a Shilluk maker in the Upper Nile region of Sudan during the nineteenth century. The armlet was donated to Brighton Mu

Photographic Print

6 September 1971 This photographic print was made by the Borough Surveyor's department in September 1971. It is a view west of the former Holy Trinity Church. This is situated on the junction of Duke Street and Ship Street in Brighton. The church was built in 1817 and alt

Box

This is a small box made of gourd and decorated with incised stylised bird designs. The box is divided into four sections by bands of geometric patterns. It has a square opening and an undecorated inset lid. This box was created by a maker in Chile, South

« prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next »