Search the Collections

Search Results (763 items found)

Photographic Print

3 October 1933 This photographic print shows a tea room and battery charging shop in Falmer Road, Brighton. The print was made by the Borough Surveyor's Department in October 1933. The product signs on the buildings include Oxo, Cadbury's and Lyon's Tea. A small cat can

Photographic Print

1896 Monochrome photographic print showing Russell Crescent, Brighton. Shows several villas. A red dotted line runs down the mount and photograph. A handwritten note in ink states that this marks the 'Boundary between the Parishes of Brighton & Hove'. A stampe

Pendant

c1862 This pendant is partly made of material from the Bencoolen, a cargo ship which sank in a storm off the north Cornish coast on 13 October 1862. The people of Bude gathered fragments from the wreckage and briefly made money from selling commemorative trinke

Badge

1926 This badge is for Preston Bowls Club. The badge, in gold and enamel, has the Stanford family crest of a horn on yellow and black shield with the words Preston B C Sussex. On the back is inscribed Alderman C. Thomas-Stanford October 16th 1926. It has a bla

Photographic Print

17 October 1939 This photographic print was made by the Borough Surveyor's department. It shows an air raid shelter by the School of Art, Grand Parade, Brighton. This photograph was made as part of a record of local air raid provisions in October 1939. War with Germany h

Photographic Print

12 October 1954 This photographic print was made by the Borough Surveyor's department in October 1954. It shows Dorset Buildings, which ran from Edward Street to Carlton Hill in Brighton. This area suffered air raid damage during the Second World War. As the street consi

Kinemacolor Scala

1914 This advertisment from the Daily Telegraph newspaper is for 'Kinemacolor' at the Scala Theatre. It is dated 8th October 1914. Kinemacolor was developed by George Albert Smith and was the first colour film technique that was commercially viable.

Eastern Road

Monochrome photographic print showing the Moon Blind School in Eastern Road, Brighton, designed by George Somers Clarke. It was opened on 22 October 1861, a four-storey, red-brick building in Venetian Gothic style. It closed in about 1952, but was needles

Programme

Printed programme on red paper written by Hugo Talbot, Brighton Corporation's Town Clerk. Describes the plan of events for the opening of the Royal Pavilion's Indian Gate on 26 October 1921. Also contains Descriptive Note, written by Henry Roberts, detail

Kings Road, Brighton

c1908 Colour photomechanical postcard showing a view of Kings Road, Brighton, reverse of card has an address and a stamp postmarked Brighton 2pm October 6 1908, postcard can be used as a calendar as it has built in wheels that have the days and months of the ye

« prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next »