Search Results (1074 items found)
1936 This is a postcard of a black and white photograph of four Padaung women. Padaung people live in and around Kayah State in eastern Burma (Myanmar). Padaung women's use of brass neck rings and historically their appearance has caused them to be seen as 'cu
This is a flint flake with some residual cortex. It may have been made in the Neolithic or Bronze Age and was found at Withdean, Brighton & Hove.
Monochrome magic lantern slide showing May pole dancing, with audience in the background.
1840 Photographic print of the Brighton and Shoreham railway. Dated May 11th 1840. Typed below print, From an old drawing. A detailed account of the opening of this line appeared in No.11 of this Magazine. Vol. II., p.173. A typed note on the back reads. The B
1930S This is a photographic print of Oxford Court, Brighton. It is a view along the street. The blurred figures of six children can be seen in the foreground, along with an adult woman in a doorway on the right of the photograph. A washing line is visible furt
1930S This is a photographic print of Oxford Court, Brighton. It was commissioned by Brighton Borough Council Environmental Health department. It is a view of a backyard, with a young girl visible on the left of the photograph. The front of St Bartholomew's chu
1930S This is a photographic print of Oxford Court, Brighton. It was commissioned by the Brighton Borough Council Environmental Health department. It is a view of the exterior wall at the back of two of the houses. Four children can be seen on the left of the p
1936 This is a black silk evening dress decorated with ammonite fossil shapes, made of gold coloured leather. The dress has a full-length skirt and a knee-length, tunic styled over-dress, draped and folded towards the left shoulder where it appears to be secur
c1936 This black and white photographic print shows the Curzon cinema in Western Road, Brighton. It is a view of the front entrance showing several people walking by. The Curzon was one of Brighton's oldest cinemas. The building was first used as cinema in 1907
Black and white photograph of Clifton Hill, 4 Montpelier Terrace. Dated 23 May 1983. Negative number 83/64/4.