Search Results (20 items found)
Map of Brighton. 1851. Illustrated map of Brighton and its Vicinity.
1939 Monochrome photographic print of a demonstration of a Baby Resirator, Municipal Hospital. Taken from the Herald Archives, Volume 8 page 36, middle image.
1851 This top is painted blue, orange, yellow, cream striped design around the top and bottom sections. The middle section is painted red with a red and gold floral pattern. Two images of the 1851 Great Exhibition building are pasted on the sides. It has a squ
Preparing for the start for the Brighton Stakes August 6th 1851. Large coloured print showing the race course, the stand and the crowds. Label with print 'Attendance at the races by fashionable society fell during the 1840s when the railway encouraged uns
1851 This painting shows the Music Room in the Royal Pavilion thronged with people for the Grand Re-Opening in 1851.
Preparing for the start for the Brighton Stakes August 6th 1851. Large coloured print showing the race course, the stand and the crowds.
Portrait of a man wearing a black clerical robe and tie, he holds a piece of paper in his hand. He was the Rev. James Stuart Murray Anderson perpetual curate of St George's Church, Kemp Town in 1828 until 1851. He was the first chaplain of the Sussex Coun
17 November 1883 This photographic print is a copy of an original engraving. It is a cartoon of Magnus Volk pushing a carriage, titled 'Perseverence'. The image was originally published in the Brightonian periodical. Magnus Volk was a famous local inventor, 1851 - 1937. V
1851 This brooch is a souvenir of a visit to the Great Exhibition in 1851. It shows the great glass exhibition hall, Crystal Palace, standing in Hyde Park, London. The exhibition hall was later moved to south London and gave its name to the surrounding area. I
South Gate of the Royal Pavilion. Built in 1851 and replaced in 1921 by the current gate given by the "Princes and peoples of India" after the First World War.