On Thursday 27 October we’ll be holding a Twitter Q&A with Paula Wrightson, Learning Officer, from 1-2pm. In the run up to Halloween, the subject of this discussion will be ghosts. As she described in an earlier blog post, Paula has worked with the ghosts of Preston Manor for several years. If you’ve ever been curious about the manor’s ghostly past, Paula will be the ideal person to answer your questions. Does she know of anyone who has seen a ghost? What is it like working with paranormal investigators? Does she believe the manor is haunted?
But she will also be able to debate any questions about our presentation of the manor’s past. Should we really be promoting the manor as a haunted house? Is it nonsense that shouldn’t be taken seriously? Or are we trivialising the supernatural?
We would also be interested to know if you or anyone you know has had an uncanny experience in and around the manor that you would be willing to share.
Questions and stories can be posed live on Twitter any time between 1-2pm next Thursday. We’ll be using the hashtag #PrestGhost. But if you would prefer to submit your question in advance, please use the box below. Questions can even be asked anonymously.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
We will be holding a variety of events at Preston Manor around Halloween, including:
- Writing the Uncanny: a ghost story workshop, Sat 22 October
- A Victorian House in Mourning: a the Victorian etiquette of death, Sat 29 October and Sat 26 November.
- Victorian Seance: an event marking the 100th anniversary of the famous Preston Manor seance, Friday 11 November
- Ghost Tours: Fri 28 and Sat 29 October
- Halloween Ghost Tours: 31 October
- Haunted House Day: family theatre for adults and children aged 8 and over, Sun 30 October.