Royal Pavilion & Museums as a Major Partner Museum
Update 27 June 2017: Royal Pavilion & Museums have successfully bid for funding as part of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio 2018-2022. This will replace the Major Partner Museum scheme. See our news page for further details.
The Royal Pavilion and Museums (RPM) is an Arts Council England Major Partner Museum, having successfully applied for a share of £22.6m to deliver against the Arts Council’s 5 goals between 2015-2018.
Our vision is to build a resilient organisation, outstanding for its vibrancy and relevance, renowned for its digital innovation, and inspiring a powerful sense of shared ownership. Our work will be driven by creative collaborations with our local communities and cultural organisations, to reach new and more diverse audiences.
We are using the Royal Pavilion and Museum’s world class collections and buildings to inspire learning and creativity, help people develop new skills, improve quality of life, and make a major contribution to the local and regional visitor economy.
In particular, the Royal Pavilion and Museums delivers work of national significance and value in engaging audiences, developing resilience, and providing children and young people with great cultural experiences.
As a Major Partner Museum, the Royal Pavilion & Museums is expected to demonstrate leadership through a willingness to share good practice in its areas of specialism: Audiences, and Leadership & Workforce Development. These relate to Arts Council England’s five goals.
Activities that support our leadership role include:
- Hosting visits
- Holding conferences or similar network events in person and/or online
- Brokering partnerships and networks
- Demonstrating a collaborative approach within and beyond the sector
- Issuing publications in any viable format e.g. print, blogs, online
- Offering advice
- Exploring pioneering approaches, seeking innovative solutions
- Being open about lessons learnt
- Being proactive and visible within the sector as an MPM associated with that particular area of practice
As part of our leadership role, the Royal Pavilion and Museums also delivers the Museum Development programme for the South East of England, across East and West Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Medway, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Latest Major Partner Museum report
- MPM narrative report Q4 2016-17 [PDF]
- MPM narrative report Q3 2016-17 [PDF]
- MPM narrative report Q2 2016-17 [PDF]
- MPM narrative report Q1 2016-17 [PDF]
- MPM narrative report Q4 2015-16 [PDF]
For more information please contact us using the form below: